Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Para Assault Platoon delay :-(

I had hoped to get the buggers done and posted over the weekend, but wasn't able to do so.  Looks like a week delay at best.

I blame my weakness for Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 and Assassins Creed Revelations coming out within a week of each other...and add to that I had epidural injections in the back and neck...slowed me done for 2 days as I let magical medical goodness settle in and due its stuff.

I am back on track and should have them done by this weekend.

One little l thing that tripped me up with BF's Rubble Bases is the extra space in the holes once the fig is placed in side. Not much of a problem for the true rubble bases...just added white and grey pumice to fill the gaps and it blends in quite well.  The cobble stone street bases are what are tripping me up right now.  I try real hard not to let the fig bases show and it is proving troublesome here.  First is the cover plate to cover the 5th hole in the stand for an infantry team....you can see the circular ring around the insert.  Going to cover that with and ammo can and a newspaper for the most part.  I am trying to fill the other stands with a mix of pumice to extend the dirt/rubble into the street and some Woodland Scenics' grey ballast...small little rocks and PVA (Elmer's) Glue for the others.  Not too bad so far....doing the highlighting and touch up now.  Worst part is when a little stone flakes off as I am painting.  Once I varnish it all it wont matter.

No comments:

Post a Comment